please Login or Register.
Mar 8th, 2021, 3:41am 
   Myriad Forum
   PDFtoMusic / PDFtoMusic Pro
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Suggestion: allow manual time signature overrides
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Suggestion: allow manual time signature overrides  (Read 371 times)
mducharme
Board Newbie

Suggestion: allow manual time signature overrides  
« on: May 23rd, 2020, 4:37pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello,

I find this software generally works pretty good. However it really has problems with certain notations like oversize time signatures - in this case it does not understand any time signatures. The result is a really messed up MusicXML export that is very time consuming to clean up because the bars are not the right length etc. which is much harder than cleaning up other issues. In Dorico the import in this case is particularly bad as it interprets the absence of time signatures as free metre with independent bar lines for each instrument and it actually pushes back the entry of all players to the beginning of bar 1 (so if flute entered in bar 3 for the first time, and oboe in bar 9 for the first time, they now have that first note on the downbeat of bar 1). The result is a cacaphony since the instruments are no longer playing the same things at the same time.

Would it be possible to add an option to manually set/override the time signatures for bars within PDFtoMusic Pro? If I could set this manually then the export would be much better and much less work to import.

Thanks.
Andre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Suggestion: allow manual time signature overrides  
« Reply #1 on: May 23rd, 2020, 4:44pm »
Quote | Modify

I support this.  

André Baeck, Belge vivant dans le Gard
Windows 10, HA 992e (et précédents)
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad