please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 5:20am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Higher notes in bass clef?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Higher notes in bass clef?  (Read 449 times)
acevuk
Board Newbie

Higher notes in bass clef?  
« on: Jan 17th, 2021, 9:25pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi there,

I am transcribing a piece (SATB & piano) where the piano part has higher notes in the left hand than I am able to enter in HA!

Is there a way of extending the 'upper end' of the bass clef? If I press Ctrl+T, I can see a red line which seems to be denoting the top of the 'allowed' range of notes, but this cannot be moved to allow the upper notes to be entered.

Any assistance gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Alan

Alan
Barbershopper
Bromley, Kent, UK
Oliveira
Board Master

Re: Higher notes in bass clef?  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2021, 9:51pm »
Quote | Modify

Pulse Shift e inserte la nota.

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
acevuk
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2021, 9:56pm »
Quote | Modify

Muchas gracias Oliveira!!

Alan
Barbershopper
Bromley, Kent, UK
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Higher notes in bass clef?   Mendelssohn-tordu.myr
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18th, 2021, 8:08am »
Quote | Modify

Hi!
You can also extend the vertical area of a staff.

It's easier in Scroll mode than in Page mode.
On the left of the staff, you have a red triangle at the bottom line of the staff.
Move it to the top or the bottom to change the staff vertical position in its area.

To change the area height, between each staff menu, on the left, you have a horizontal separator. Hover it with your mouse you'll have a vertical double arrow.
drag and drop this separator to the top or the bottom to change the area height.

Sometimes, on piano scores, we can see left hand playing notes that belongs to right hand staff.
e.g. left hand is in upper notes of bass clef, right hand is in medium / high notes of trebble clef.
Reading very high notes in bass clef between the two staves is tometimes harder than reading them on trebble clef.
You can use special beaming to beam together notes from bass and trebble clef.
Here is attached a complex example.
The very low notes with "m.d" instruction are played with right hand (lm.d. = main droite in French).
The right hand plays also the simple melody (with 2 moves to play a bass note).
The left hand plays most part of the fast 32th notes, but the right hand can play some of them near the end.
The fast 32th notes are beamed with special beaming, this is easier to read than high notes in bass clef.
But I admit that is quite rare and advanced piano level

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #4 on: Jan 19th, 2021, 6:42pm »
Quote | Modify

The very low notes with "m.d" instruction are played with right hand (m.d. = main droite in French).

"M.d." is the same abbreviation in several languages, but the abbreviation for "left hand" varies.  Thus "m.g." ("main gauche") in French, but "m.s." (mano sinistra) in Italian.  American practice varies between the Italian abbreviations, the English abbreviations "r.h." and "l.h.", and the graphics ┌ and ┘.  I find that the graphics don't work as well as I'd like in HA, so I (being the snob that I am, lol!) use the Italian abbriviations.  

I got distracted and forgot to respond to the original problem:  I am transcribing a piece (SATB & piano) where the piano part has higher notes in the left hand than I am able to enter in HA!

HA is blessed with a number of ways to enter notes.  I believe that if you use the Virtual Keyboard to enter them, it is not affected by the staff height; the note will simply be entered with the correct number of leger lines.  Of course, this may require adjusting the staff height later, for the sake of clarity.
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2021, 7:02pm by PaulL » offline

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad