please Login or Register.
Mar 7th, 2021, 10:36am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Solfeggio in Harmony Assistant
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Solfeggio in Harmony Assistant  (Read 382 times)
McMurphy
Board Newbie

Solfeggio in Harmony Assistant  
« on: Jan 10th, 2021, 7:43pm »
Quote | Modify

Good morning,
I need to know one thing:
is there the possibility with harmony assistant to read a midi file by solfing it (rhythmic or sung) with a human voice?
Thank you in advance,

Matteo
Oliveira
Board Master

WWW |

Re: Solfeggio in Harmony Assistant  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2021, 10:13pm »
Quote | Modify

A falta de que algún compañero le pueda explicar mejor en inglés los pasos a dar, le puedo decir que eso es posible. Solo tendría que agregar una pista digital y utilizar un micrófono. Hay que abrir la paleta "Record tools" y activar lo necesario para grabar.  Entonces según se va reproduciendo  el midi, la voz puede ser grabada sincronizanda con el midi. No es demasiado difícil. La visualización de la pista digital se puede ocultar después.
Espero que algún compañero se lo explique mejor que yo.

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com / H.A 9.9. 64bt V.S. Myriad HQ. PDF to Music Pro 1.7 / Overture 5.6.3.3 / Win 10/64 b
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2021, 12:01pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi!
I'm not sure to understand exactly your question.

1) The computer can sing the lyrics

You can load MIDI file into Harmony.
Harmony will play the music contained in the MIDI, and Virtual Singer can sing the lyrics.

Virtual Singer (VS) is synthetic voice, some voices called "RealSinger" (RS) are more "humanized" with some sounds recorded by user.
This can produce this (VS in english with standard parameters), or this (RS)

More infos about VS here :
https://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/virtualsinger.htm

2) You can play music and sing yourself

If you want to play the MIDI and sing on it like karaoke, you can use the karaoke mode (manual) to rehearse yourself (change pitch and speed).

You can also record, with a microphone, your voice or wathever you want (flute, guitar) on digital audio tracks (manual).

I never used digital audio tracks, and I'm not sure I'll rely on HA for this task. I'll use HA for writing, rehearsing, and exporting in WAV file, then import this wav and record other tracks in a studio software (I don't own), as in real recording studio.
(I've just recorded last week in studio, with a track exported from HA to play synchronously with).

3) You sing and want HA write the music for you?

This is almost not possible. Sorry.
See these explanations :
WAV, AIFF, MP3, MPEG, AU and all other forms of audio files recognition to MIDI

It may possible to transcribe a monophonic (flute, voice) instrument to notes, with more or less accurate results.
I think there is a script for that, or Guillions Bros made a try long time ago?
There are some software who say they can do that. The best results are obtained when modifing a lot and a lot some settings, there is nothing automatic and perfect.
And of course, as explained in the link, only humans (with good ears and good skills) can transcribe an orchestral music to a score.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2021, 12:06pm by Sylvain Machefert » offline

VS languages |
demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win10
Keyboards: Nord Electro 3, MIDI controller+Ketron
Andre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2021, 7:06pm »
Quote | Modify

I think that what Matteo wants is, having imported in HA a Midi file, have it sung with Virtual Singer: not with real lyrics, as these are rarely present in a midi file, but the a "VS voice"  singing the note names, in "anglosaxon mode" A B C D E FGH", in "latin mode" "do ré mi fa sol la si do", or even in "SolFa mode" "doh etc ".  

I think HA cannot do that directly, but a script could do that.

André Baeck, Belge vivant dans le Gard
Windows 10, HA 992e (et précédents)
McMurphy
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2021, 7:32pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks everyone for the reply. What I'm looking for is what Andre_B said. Do you think you can find something online about it?
Oliveira
Board Master

WWW |

« Reply #5 on: Jan 11th, 2021, 8:27pm »
Quote | Modify

Bueno, yo creo que estamos haciendo en embrollo monumental de nada.
Si se tiene un archivo .midi, con H.A. se puede añadir una línea de letra y se le escribe el nombre de la nota para que el V.S. la cante. Esto no tiene ningún problema..... eso sí, es una voz robotizada. Es que McMurphy, en principio hablaba de una voz humana. Por eso le sugerí lo de la pista digital.
En fín...

www.atrilcoral.com / H.A 9.9. 64bt V.S. Myriad HQ. PDF to Music Pro 1.7 / Overture 5.6.3.3 / Win 10/64 b
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #6 on: Jan 11th, 2021, 11:22pm »
Quote | Modify

on Jan 11th, 2021, 7:32pm, McMurphy wrote:
Thanks everyone for the reply. What I'm looking for is what Andre_B said. Do you think you can find something online about it?

I'm pretty sure HA+VS are able to sing the notes displayed on a staff. Moreover, in Scripts>Notation>lyrics, there should be a script which can place the note names on a lyrics line.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2021, 9:38am »
Quote | Modify

More details about having the notes sung...
Let's assume we have a staff with some notes/rests and an empty lyrics line (if there's no lyrics line, click on the black triangle of the icon bar and select the "staff with lyrics" line).
Solution 1 : under the first note, we enter [scat: Do;Ré;Mi;Fa;Sol;La;Si] in the lyrics line (the space between scat and Do is not necessary, but I added it to avoid showing a smiley on the forum). Virtual Singer will then associate each note name with the note itself an pronounce it throughout the score.
Note we could also use another sequence like [scat:C;D;E;F;G;A;B] or even [scat:Hooo;Iiii;Aaaa;Uuuu;Brrr;Shhhh;Gooo]
Solution 2 : we may use a script to copy the names of the notes into the lyrics line. The script is supposed to be in Scripts>Notation>Lyrics>Notes as lyrics. The script tests the default language and adapts the notes names (either Latin Names Do,Ré, etc. or AngloSaxon names C,D, etc). You may have to run the enharmonics script first (e.g. G# can also be read as Ab)
In addition, there's another script which writes the notes names on their heads (though I'm not sure it is still in working order as I wrote it in a previous version of Myrscript) and again another one which writes the note name above each. Look in Scripts>Notation>Notes.
Last tip : you can also use several types of Fasola(Gospel) notation in the Staff Display window (note heads). The notes heads will change according to their pitch.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2021, 9:42am by bubu42 » offline

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

Re: Solfeggio in Harmony Assistant   SingNotes.msa
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12th, 2021, 11:54am »
Quote | Modify

Quote:
Solution 2 :
Bonjour à tous , j'avais fait un script dans ce genre il y a quelques années.
"SingNotes" ouvre une boite de dialogue pour choisir "Do, Ré..." ou "A,B,C,..." et met une ligne de paroles avec les notes correspondantes, en activant le chanteur virtuel, sur la première portée sélectionnée de la partition.
Le script se place dans Scripts > Notation >Paroles.
ça peut s'améliorer à la demande.
Amistats, Danièl
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2021, 11:56am by Daniel Frouvelle » offline
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #9 on: Jan 12th, 2021, 1:41pm »
Quote | Modify

So now, you have the answer. HA can do what you want.

scat solution or script solution

Enjoy!

VS languages |
demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win10
Oliveira
Board Master

WWW |

« Reply #10 on: Jan 12th, 2021, 4:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Wuauu!.  Impresionante.
Con H.A. se puede hacer casi cualquier cosa. Pero hay que agradecer muchísimo a los grandes creadores de Scripts. Daniel es el Santo supremo, pero también a  los demás..
Gracias, gracias a todos.  

Daniel Frouvelle
Board Master

WWW | Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 13th, 2021, 10:06am »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour, j'ai quelques problèmes chez moi pour solfier le"B" (à prononcer"bé") en français (pas en anglais) avez-vous ça chez vous également?
Vous pouvez re-télécharger le script ci-dessus, j'ai fait un peu de nettoyage et d'améliorations.
LA VERSION 3 ICI
Amitats, Danièl
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #12 on: Jan 13th, 2021, 10:45am »
Quote | Modify

Je n'ai pas essayé, mais
Code:
B[bé]

ne ferait-il pas l'affaire ?

Inconvénient, il va falloir gérer selon la langue du chanteur....

VS languages |
demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win10
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad