Myriad Forum « Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ? »
 Welcome, Guest.
 You can read all messages, but to be able to post,
 please Login or Register.
Mar 7th, 2021, 7:13am 
   Myriad Forum
   Myriad HQ / Sound Bases
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ?  (Read 2587 times)
pierruel
Board Master

vieil amoureux de la flûte

Re: Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ?  
« Reply #30 on: Dec 7th, 2020, 1:24pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi David,
How are you in this new week ? Fine I'm hoping.
About keyswitches not working, I've made some tests with HA alone and found out that there is a misfunction (bug ?). When I add a new articulation through a law, it deletes one or several existing laws. I ask the question on tghe HA main forum and I'm waiting for an answer. I'll inform you. Thanks for you attention. Have a fine day.
Friendly regards
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #31 on: Dec 7th, 2020, 3:45pm »
Quote | Modify

De mon côté j'ai pu installer un programme qui analyse les messages MIDI en sortie de HA, via MidiYoke. Pour le moment, je regarde le nombreux messages "system" et "control" à partir d'une partition créée pour les tests. Curieusement, j'y trouve des "pitch bends" qui ne sont absolument pas écrits. Pour ce qui est des lois, j'ai l'impression qu'il y a un peu de flottement, mais c'est sans doute parce que je manque de pratique dans ce domaine.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
pierruel
Board Master

« Reply #32 on: Dec 7th, 2020, 4:08pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour Bubu42 toujours fidèle,
Merci d'apporter votre contribution au démêlage de cette "perruque", comme disent les pêcheurs. Mon latin était déjà bien vieux, il ne m'en restera bientôt plus rien  
Cordialement
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
pierruel
Board Master

« Reply #33 on: Dec 7th, 2020, 9:34pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi Bubu42 and Muddle,
I was testing the action of the rules inside HA. I did the same test again with an alternance of regular (legato), staccato and pizzicato articulations. I 've made sure to register my .myr file after each adjunction of a rule but it didn't change anything: each time I add a new articulation's rule an other one disappears. Who's going to explain ?
Have a fine evening.
Friendly regards
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
muddle
Board Senior Member

« Reply #34 on: Dec 8th, 2020, 10:47pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi Pierre.  

Back again.    You figured it out ! ...   that you can do the articulations on separate staves.
It will play OK,  I guess.  

About the rules  problem ...not a clue . Info on rules clearly states any number of rules can be applied.

You could  use the staves un-merged if necessary,  but I assume you are using for each instrument staves with identical notes?
 You would need to do a lot of selecting and deleting of non relevant notes.  Actually, it might  be  better to just set the note velocity  to zero  as things can move around  when you delete.

You could continue to use Amadeus that way but you will quickly run out channels /staffs  in complex music.   A second  midi port added and another "instance" of Amadeus would  be needed ..possibly more.  

-----------------------------

I'm guessing  you are  using   separate  staves because the keyswitches seem to lock ON preventing  further change. Yes?  

I still can't quite believe that this is the way they are meant to behave.  

Could you do me a favour?   Set a staff of  music playing  though the player.   Press the keyswitches on the player keyboard as it plays.
Did the sound  change.. ?
If so,  it really should   be possible  to change the articulations from the HA staff.
If it doesn't change  .. hmmm.  Please tell me.  

If it does, then it would be  just a matter of getting HA to  send correctly .     HA can do this  for sure.  I spent  a few hours  using odd key switches all over the place, and with old and new files.   All successful.

David.

You tube videos using HA or Virtual Singers:- https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMuddleglum/videos
pierruel
Board Master

« Reply #35 on: Dec 8th, 2020, 11:36pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi David, thank you for your patience. You wrote
Quote:
Back again.    You figured it out ! ...   that you can do the articulations on separate staves.
It will play OK,  I guess.  

Not yet. I didn't take the best way.  
Quote:
About the rules  problem ...not a clue . Info on rules clearly states any number of rules can be applied.

About the rules, the documentation speaks about an "indefinite number of rules" but it doesn't work.
Quote:
You could  use the staves un-merged if necessary,  but I assume you are using for each instrument staves with identical notes?

I kept the staves unmerged and folllow the way of selecting and deleting sections
Quote:
You would need to do a lot of selecting and deleting of non relevant notes.  Actually, it might  be  better to just set the note velocity  to zero  as things can move around  when you delete.

A lot of a job, indeed. I didn't think of reducing Velocities to zero.
Quote:
You could continue to use Amadeus that way but you will quickly run out channels /staffs  in complex music.   A second  midi port added and another "instance" of Amadeus would  be needed ..possibly more.  

It's already a Romans' work to do so for a quartet, let's see what happens with Parsifal !In fact I wasn't able to have my music played correctly that way, probably because my rules weren't orthodox, but I was too tired to redo it from the beginning !
Quote:
I'm guessing  you are  using   separate  staves because the keyswitches seem to lock ON preventing  further change. Yes?  
 I still can't quite believe that this is the way they are meant to behave.  

Your guess is correct. And I'm sure the rules should make better.
Quote:
Could you do me a favour?   Set a staff of  music playing  though the player.   Press the keyswitches on the player keyboard as it plays.

Well, who is going to do a favour ? If it works, I'll be the winner, isn't it ?
But be patient. I had to swallow a heap of cortisone and had to stop yesterday; now I'm as dynamic as a stranded whale. Good night (or perhaps is it noon for you)
Friendly regards
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
pierruel
Board Master

« Reply #36 on: Dec 8th, 2020, 11:54pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi again,
I reopened an eye because I thought about the colleague who worked on Peter and the Wolf. Stephane I think. Apparently he didn't bore himself with keyswitches and obtained a good result. Why should we ? What do you think about it ?
Thank you.
BYe
P.

Pierre Ruel
pierruel
Board Master

« Reply #37 on: Dec 9th, 2020, 12:59pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello !
A propos des lois qui disparaissent (il y a un autre fil sur ce sujet dans le forum HA), hier j'ai appelé à l'aide Didier Guillon qui a réagi dès ce matin. Je viens de lui transmettre toute sorte d'informations complémentaires et vous tiendrai au courant de sa réponse. En attendant belle journée, prenez soin de vous et à bientôt.
Cordialement
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
pierruel
Board Master

Re: Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ?   rev_memo_lois_RL.pdf
« Reply #38 on: Jan 5th, 2021, 9:39pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonsoir Muddle, bonsoir à tous,
Après quelques aventures j'ai résumé mes échanges avec D. Guiillion dans un mémo que j'annexe à ce post (sans l'avoir soumis à Didier). J'espère qu'il vous paraîtra clair.
Best regards
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
pierruel
Board Master

Re: Qui utilise Garritan Personal Orchestra avec HA ?   rev2_memo_lois_RL.pdf
« Reply #39 on: Jan 7th, 2021, 10:46am »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour,
Après avoir consulté Didier Guillion, j'ai ajouté quelques lignes à mon mémo et le joins à ce post avec mes excuses pour ce va-et-vient que j'aurais pu éviter !
Bonne journée
Pierre

Pierre Ruel
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad