please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:49pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Open Source
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Generate gallery from finder or Bridge?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Generate gallery from finder or Bridge?  (Read 2000 times)
fra
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

Generate gallery from finder or Bridge?  
« on: May 11th, 2008, 11:55am »
Quote | Modify

Hello.  Yes, I know preferred image viewers was the subject of consultation last year, but I have finally taken the plunge and abandoned iPhoto, and splashed out on Photoshop Elements with Bridge.  (Better metadata and searching, and better editing.)

In the description of Galerie it says:
"This program generates media gallery web pages from iPhoto, GraphicConverter, iView MediaPro, Extensis Portfolio 7 or from any set of pictures (my emphasis) and/or QuickTime media files."

The preferences force me to select iPhoto or similar.  Is there any way round this?  And if there is, any ideas how I could customise the order of the photos before generating a gallery?  

It would have been nice if Bridge had been added to the image viewer preferences    At present it looks as if I will have to export from Bridge into iPhoto just the photos I want for each gallery, in order to be able to continue to use Galerie (a GREAT little program - thanks).
fra
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

Re: Generate gallery from finder or Bridge?  
« Reply #1 on: May 11th, 2008, 10:52pm »
Quote | Modify

I've just spotted that you can drag photos from the Finder onto the charming portrait of Didier Guillon.  Sorry to have bothered you about that.

However, is there any way I can re-order photos imported from the Finder?  I suspect not
Didier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #2 on: May 12th, 2008, 7:43am »
Quote | Modify

Once the  gallery was generated, use Command+E (Modify an existing gallery) then drag the thumbnails to change the order.

Best regards

Myriad Team
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2008, 9:22am »
Quote | Modify

Sorting before generating the gallery is also possible. From the manual:

The sorting order in the Finder will be ignored. If a drag and drop action contains multiple files or a folder with files, the pictures will appear in the gallery sorted alphabetically by name, if the files carry the same name followed by a number, the files will be sorted by number: photo 001.jpg, photo 1.jpg, photo 4.jpg, photo 10.jpg. Multiple drag and drop actions will appear in the gallery in the order in which the files or folders are dropped.

Ronald.
fra
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2008, 9:48am »
Quote | Modify

Thank you - both of you!  (You were very restrained in your references to the information already existing in the manual - no RTFM suggesions...)

I've just tested, and both solutions work.  

In the last week I've looked at three other free/shareware photo gallery generators and in my opinion Galerie still stands out in front for ease of use, ability to modfy, and superb support on the forum.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad