please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 7:20am 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Avid Sibelius
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Avid Sibelius  (Read 377 times)
BillyThePeacock
Board Newbie

Avid Sibelius  
« on: Jan 15th, 2022, 4:16pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi. Will Virtual Singer work with Sibelius notation software? I write arrangements for choirs and am looking for ways to improve the quality of my playback recordings.
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Avid Sibelius  
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2022, 4:40pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello!

No. Virtual Singer is not a VST.
By the way, I don't know if Sibelius can work with VST, but that's a common way to have some pieces of software to be plugged in various DAW.

The only way you have is to export your file in MIDI or MusicXML.

The MIDI can be opened in Melody Assistant (the less expensive one), but don't expect to do good graphical export / printing of your score. Maybe you did it in Sibelius

The MusicXML format preserve a lot of musical information (not only notes) such as dynamics, page layout, repeats and breaks (|: and :|, D.C., coda...).
Harmony Assistant (a bit more expensive than Melody) can open MusicXML.

Both Melody and Harmony supports Virtual Singer (a separate license). VS can sing in several languages.

Some of these languages were originally made by a script and then hardly coded in VS, I suspect there are some little bugs (I bump into both in Hungarian and Turkish).
Common languages such as English, French, German, Latin, Spanish, Finnish, Italian, Occitan, Japanese... are since very long time hard coded in VS and massively used.

If you need VS sing in a different language, it may be possible (depends on the language) with the script - in Harmony Assistant only.

By the way, if you don't use VST instrument in Sibelius, you'll probably discover that instrument in Myriad products sounds better than cheap soundcard MIDI. If you enjoy it, explore the Gold soundbase

You can try the demo of Melody/Harmony and VS, import MIDI or MusicXML file.
VS will stop singing after some minutes, you'll have to close / reopen Melody/Harmony.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad