please Login or Register.
Mar 3rd, 2021, 6:39am 
   Myriad Forum
   Virtual Singer
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   nessun dorma
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: nessun dorma  (Read 643 times)
Robsogge
Board Newbie

nessun dorma   Nessun_dorma.mp3
« on: Dec 16th, 2020, 10:20am »
Quote | Modify

hi everybody, I'm new here, just wanted to share a short musical example I've done with VS. It is so awesome for me to be able to sample and modify voices and hear them sing, I have to force myself to stop from spending hours changing things inside the editor
anyway, here it is, an excerpt from the famous aria "nessun dorma" from Turandot. Not perfect of course, but I'm not aware of another software that can do this. Sorry for the very compressed audio quality, it's just to fit into the 1000Kb limit...
Andre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: nessun dorma  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 10:29am »
Quote | Modify

This is excellent!  

Perhaps you could list the improvement steps yopu had to do over a standard voices. And append the .myr source, so that we all can learn.

André Baeck, Belge vivant dans le Gard
Windows 10, HA 992e (et précédents)
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 10:59am »
Quote | Modify

thank you Andre, I'll post the myr file later, with some comments on what I've done, I'm working right now...
Oliveira
Board Master

WWW |

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 11:14am »
Quote | Modify

¡Wuau! Excelente.

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com / H.A 9.9. 64bt V.S. Myriad HQ. PDF to Music Pro 1.7 / Overture 5.6.3.3 / Win 10/64 b
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 1:28pm »
Quote | Modify

Really excellent !

You can explain here which parameter you changed (I suppose a lot), or as an Experience Sharing.
You can also, if you want, share the voice with everybody by sending it to Didier&Olivier, it could apear on this page

VS languages |
demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win10
Keyboards: Nord Electro 3, MIDI controller+Ketron
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 1:32pm »
Quote | Modify

So, here is the myr file... please take into account that I have just begun using Virtual Singer, so there are probably many things I still don't know about how the software works, and apologize for being naif. As a musician on the contrary, I've been a professional for like 40 years, and have been classically trained... What I've done first is recording my own voice samples, following the directions in VS (my voice is very weak by the way). I've noticed that in order to get good vowel/consonant connections I had to sing non vibrato, and with a similar voice "attitude", meaning singing with equal strength, vowels particularly. If a vowel is kind of breathy and another strong this results in incoherent  transitions and uneven singing. Then played with the formants, just by ear, having no idea what each formant was doing, until found a pleasing result. Formants sharpness fairly high, moderate power... taming consonants and finding appropriate envelopes plays a big role in the process, and I still am learning all the controls in the interface.  
Another important thing I did was importing the wav track in my DAW (Cubase10), assigning a lowpass filter to it, and draw curves to help the phrasing. Also, put a touch of reverb on the voice, less that the instruments to keep it prominent. Maybe it's already there and I haven't found it, but a lowpass filter with editable curves directly on VS staff in Harmony Assistant would be great. I've tried playing around with velocities, but I think what is needed is to be able to apply and edit controller curves, like cc11 or cc1, curves that follow the phrase, not the individual notes, to add expression to the voice.
That's it basically, thank you for the replies,
hasta la vista
EDIT: can't attach myr file because it exceeds the limit, is there a workaround?
PS do you want the voice file as well?
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 1:36pm »
Quote | Modify

Sylvain, just saw your kind reply, how do I send the voice to Didier and Olivier?
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 2:10pm »
Quote | Modify

Excellent en effet. Ça mérite une place dans la page des exemples du site !

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 2:22pm »
Quote | Modify

merci bien, Bubu!
Andre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 5:09pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 16th, 2020, 1:32pm, Robsogge wrote:

EDIT: can't attach myr file because it exceeds the limit, is there a workaround?
PS do you want the voice file as well?

Zipping the .myr file is not a solution, it only saves about 5%.  
If there are sevel staves, deleting the less relevant ones would reduce a lot.  
Tools like "wetransfer" can be a good solution, this would give a URL which you can insert in the forum.  

Yes, the .prv file would be useful, though it is theoretically possible to extract it from the .myr file, but cunbersome.

Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 5:49pm »
Quote | Modify

Once again, for a beginner in Virtual Singer, that's brilliant!
Sometimes, the "by ear" method give better result than an engineer that know all knobs and cursors!

You can "send" the file (to your own email) via wetransfer, mailbigfile or another service.
Then you receive an email with the link to download the file.
Then paste the link here and I'll host your file.

In HA, you can add effect processors (see the manual here).
You can add an effect at the beginning of the staff, with reverb, equalizer.

You can also use parameter curves to modify some effects. I have no idea of what CC11 and CC1 stand for.

You can also contact Guillion Brothers at info@myriad-online.com to share .prv file and audio demo for Virtual Singer page

VS languages |
demos on my MUSL
HA+VS+PdfToMusic Win10
Keyboards: Nord Electro 3, MIDI controller+Ketron
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 5:56pm »
Quote | Modify

The .myr file has just a single staff, the tenor, don't know why it's so large... so I've uploaded the files to my site (don't bother to go and see it, it's just a repository of files for me, haven't updated since 2006).  

links:

www.robertosoggetti.com/Myriad-VS/NessunDorma.myr
www.robertosoggetti.com/Myriad-VS/Rob_ND.rsv
Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 6:14pm »
Quote | Modify

thanks Sylvain, for linking me to the parameter curves, that's exactly what I needed. The cutoff frequency would be exactly like the lowpass filter I used in Cubase, nice to see it's already implemented.
I will have to experiment a lot, but your software really has great potential, especially the customization of voices.
I'll post something else as I have something ready,  
my best
Roberto
Andre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 6:20pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks Roberto. However these files don't have the expecter format, they look like an xml error situation.  

Robsogge
Board Newbie

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16th, 2020, 6:37pm »
Quote | Modify

maybe it's a problem with my host, I'm gonna try compressing them, please let me know...
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Last update:  (c) Myriad