please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:59am 
   Myriad Forum
   OMeR / Myrweb / Melody Player & other programs
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Getting Myrweb to Work with mymusicstaff.com
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Getting Myrweb to Work with mymusicstaff.com  (Read 3945 times)
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

Re: Getting Myrweb to Work with mymusicstaff.com  
« Reply #15 on: May 13th, 2020, 6:35pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 13th, 2020, 6:26pm, bubu42 wrote:

The best thing to do is to ask questions on this forum whenever a problem or difficulty occurs.  

But don't hesitate to open a new thread for a new question - in the right section and with an appropriate title.  
There can be HA-Guitar experts who are not interested by myrweb, for instance, and who will never see this part of the question.  

But for the myrweb issue, please don't blame HA for the incoherences of your service provider. By the way, did you ask them for help?
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2020, 6:36pm by ANdre_B » Logged

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Oliveira
Board Master

Re: Getting Myrweb to Work with mymusicstaff.com   Tab.png
« Reply #16 on: May 13th, 2020, 6:58pm »
Quote | Modify

Vaya por delante, que yo no entiendo casi nada de guitarras y sus cifrados. Pero, es que viendo estos tres gráficos..ya no sé que pensar.
Son tres programas distintos. Con guitarras standard . Veo que la cifra de los tres programas son distintos...¿Cual está bién?...

Mi música: http://jose_a__oliveira.myriad-users.com/
www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
tubassee
Board Newbie

« Reply #17 on: May 13th, 2020, 7:42pm »
Quote | Modify

I apologize. I realize I flew off the handle a bit, and that the last part was way off topic.

Just feeling so much frustration. I liked the idea of paying once without having to pay a subscription fee. I think I would have been content if I could have gotten it to work.

To get it to work it seems like I would have to end up paying for hosting; which in effect is paying for a subscription!

It's hard for me to get excited about doing that for HA, when I've discovered some other stuff, that I was able to simply paste examples of code into my website to make work.

I don't want to violate any forum rules by naming what I found, but there is one really slick service that syncs up with YT videos or sound recordings, and the player is fully navigable.

Again, I really appreciate the help, and I'm not trying to ruffle feathers. I've asked for a refund; which I believe is contrary to policy. If I'm denied, I'll try to find a use for HA. Maybe using the Virtual Singer module to make guitar and vocal practice tracks...

Oliveira, 1>2>3
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2020, 7:45pm by tubassee » offline
tubassee
Board Newbie

« Reply #18 on: May 14th, 2020, 12:19am »
Quote | Modify

"...a popup menu appears and offers me other possibilities. That's probably what you missed out."

Thanks, this does work, but is extremely tedious. I'll take further questions to the appropriate board, however. At least it makes dictating the placement possible.

What's the best way to post feature requests? I don't see it in this forum.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2020, 12:20am by tubassee » offline
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #19 on: May 14th, 2020, 7:59am »
Quote | Modify

on May 14th, 2020, 12:19am, tubassee wrote:
Actually, it all depends on what product is the target... For Harmony Assistant, just launch a thread in the first section preferably with an obvious title. In some cases, the "Myrscript language" section can be useful. HA comes with a very efficient scripting language and there are very gifted members on this forum who can implement some useful features, too. There's also a second forum, "The Democratic workshop", but I think it has become deprecated over time, so I wouldn't advise it.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #20 on: May 14th, 2020, 9:49am »
Quote | Modify

on May 13th, 2020, 7:42pm, tubassee wrote:
Oliveira, 1>2>3

Por alusiones.. ¿Que me quiere decir..?

www.atrilcoral.com /
H.A 996c.64bt V.S. Myriad HQ / PDF to Music Pro 1.7.5c / Overture 5.6.3 / Win 10/6
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Re: Getting Myrweb to Work with mymusicstaff.com   Guitar_Tablature.myr
« Reply #21 on: May 14th, 2020, 2:01pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 13th, 2020, 5:55pm, tubassee wrote:
Why can't you just dictate which string a note is on?

There is also a more direct method, detailed on the attachment.
You can't just give up on H.A. until you have tried it for ten years , studied the documentation intensely and asked many questions on the Forum.  

P.S.  The long-right-click method mentioned by Bubu is very hit-and-miss on my PC (opens the Note Options window instead).  Probably the mouse timing setting.

on May 14th, 2020, 12:19am, tubassee wrote:

Switch Forums from the Board Home page, clicking on the blue link to Democratic Workshop near the top-right.
Unfortunately, the programmers appear to have been far too busy to implement any of these suggestions of late.

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10.
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
Oliveira
Board Master

« Reply #22 on: May 14th, 2020, 4:06pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 14th, 2020, 2:01pm, Tony Deff wrote:
You can't just give up on H.A. until you have tried it for ten years , studied the documentation intensely and asked many questions on the Forum.

¡Milagros, a Lourdes!.

www.atrilcoral.com /
tubassee
Board Newbie

« Reply #23 on: May 14th, 2020, 5:19pm »
Quote | Modify

There is also a more direct method, detailed on the attachment.

What attachment?

P.S.  The long-right-click method mentioned by Bubu is very hit-and-miss on my PC (opens the Note Options window instead).  Probably the mouse timing setting.

If you use the syringe pointer, you can just right click on the tab note. No long press is needed.

The thing is, I'm sure HA is a much more powerful notation program than Guitar Pro, which I'm used to using. However, I only purchased it to be able to use Myrweb to embed examples on my web site. During the eval period, I though I had figured out how to make it work, and went ahead and purchased it.

It turned out that it won't work for what I wanted it to. I have since found a service that I can use for free. I was able to create a file on their site, and get it onto my site in 10 mins. It will also sync to YT videos, and audio files.

Sure it's not as powerful as HA, but it's straightforward, and does what I was looking for in the first place.

I'm sure I could learn HA, and get more used to the workflow of it, but it's just not the right tool for the job/my situation.

I'm just a broke musician, trying to improve my remote lessons during this crisis. I could really use that $85 back! I'm thinking I'm out of luck there, so I'll try to find some use for HA, or I just have to write off this loss.

Thanks to everyone for their help.
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #24 on: May 14th, 2020, 5:37pm »
Quote | Modify

How many times should we tell you that the problems you encounter with Myrweb are due to your service provider / Internet host, which does not handle the html files in the normal manners!  

You didn't even tell us if you contacted them for support, and what they may have answered!

tubassee
Board Newbie

« Reply #25 on: May 14th, 2020, 6:07pm »
Quote | Modify

This is the only help I received:

"It looks like their unique, proprietary file format is not supported by our Web Builder. Does this site offer any sort of iframe/embedding code? That would likely be supported."

I admit to missing the "iframe/embedding code" part in the shuffle. Does that help?

So I should change my service provider, and beat my head against the wall with HA, when there is a free and easy option that works with the provider I have?

Look, I'm not trying to bash HA. I'm sure it is a great program. I just don't think it's a good fit for me.
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2020, 6:08pm by tubassee » offline
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #26 on: May 15th, 2020, 6:48pm »
Quote | Modify

on May 14th, 2020, 6:07pm, tubassee wrote:
This is the only help I received:

"It looks like their unique, proprietary file format is not supported by our Web Builder. Does this site offer any sort of iframe/embedding code? That would likely be supported."

There isn't a proprietary file format, it's plan html, which is well supported by web browsers (except some things with Interne Explorer, but so there are many) and all the web service providers I know (I have used 4 of them in the last year!).  
It's plain "text/html",  not XHTML, sure (but they are not the only ones...)    
and they expect all files with a .html extension to be of type "application/xhtml+xml".  

If they cannot (or do not want to) fix that, a simple .htaccess can fix that. Look in your FTP if there is such a file in one of your folders.  

on May 14th, 2020, 6:07pm, tubassee wrote:
This is the only help  
So I should change my service provider, and beat my head against the wall with HA, when there is a free and easy option that works with the provider I have?

Look, I'm not trying to bash HA. I'm sure it is a great program. I just don't think it's a good fit for me.

Of course, that's up to you.

Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad