please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 11:43am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Nouvelle installation de HA
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Nouvelle installation de HA  (Read 535 times)
geton
Board Newbie

Nouvelle installation de HA   ksnip_20221223-164206.png
« on: Dec 23rd, 2022, 4:52pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour,

Après une mise à niveau de mon Linux Mint vers la version 21, je dois réinstaller Harmony via wine et PlayOnLinux. L'installation se passe normalement, l'application s'ouvre mais un message d'erreur apparaît et HA se ferme sans prévenir.

Qui pourrait m'aider à régler ce problème ?

Merci.
Gérard

Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

Re: Nouvelle installation de HA  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23rd, 2022, 7:12pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour,
Seuls les développeurs pourraient vous aider
mail à info@myriad-online.com

Avant, avez-vous bien téléchargé la dernière version ?

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
Linktree: VS languages, my scripts, my bands, my performances...
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Re: Nouvelle installation de HA   Compound_error_messages.png
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24th, 2022, 1:48pm »
Quote | Modify

Le problème n'est pas causé par votre mise à jour Linux - je reçois ces messages d'erreur successifs sous Windows.

Quand H.A. se ferme, aucun document de secours n'est disponible.

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10, amateur composer.
La musique classique est ce dont vous attendez toujours qu'elle se transforme en mélodie
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #3 on: Dec 24th, 2022, 3:03pm »
Quote | Modify

C'est typiquement une erreur de "compilation", nous ne pouvons rien faire sur le forum, il faut le signaler par mail.

Astuce: si c'est la version Windows 64bit, utiliser la 32bit au moins le temps de la résolution du problème.

Sur Linux j'ignore s'il y a 32 et 64bit.

Les licences ne sont pas compatibles entre les 2 versions, donc ce sera en mode "évaluation".

J'ai bien peur qu'il faille attendre quelques jours, ce sont les vacances de Noël.

HA+HQ+VS+PdfToM, Reaper+Audiveris+Transcribe, Win10+Focusrite Scarlet 4i4+Nord Electro 3
ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24th, 2022, 3:09pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 24th, 2022, 3:03pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
Les licences ne sont pas compatibles entre les 2 versions, donc ce sera en mode "évaluation".
Je ne crois pas. Les "anciennes" licences ne sont valables qu'en 32-bit, mais les nouvelles marchent en 32 et 64.  
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2022, 3:09pm by ANdre_B » Logged

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Re: Nouvelle installation de HA   Source64_error_in_32-bit_mode.png
« Reply #5 on: Jan 2nd, 2023, 1:49pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 24th, 2022, 3:03pm, Sylvain Machefert wrote:
Astuce: si c'est la version Windows 64bit, utiliser la 32bit au moins le temps de la résolution du problème.

That does not help - this "source64" error occurred using the 32-bit version, at "Save".

La musique classique est ce dont vous attendez toujours qu'elle se transforme en mélodie
Sylvain Machefert
Administrator

WWW |

« Reply #6 on: Jan 2nd, 2023, 9:44pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour,

est-ce que le problème apparaît lors de l'ouverture / enregistrer sous ?

Si oui, alors voir ce sujet pour revenir aux "sélecteurs" système.

PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11th, 2023, 5:13pm »
Quote | Modify

That message looks like one I get frequently at the point of saving a score.  Things will go swimmingly, and suddenly, boom!  I have learned to save my work obsessively often, so as to lose as little as possible when the problem occurs.

On restarting HA, there will be the usual messages about whether you want to report the problem, and whether you want to restore the file(s) in question.  After I sent thirty or forty error reports to the Myriad team, I started saying No to the first question.  I always say Yes to the second; it seems to help.

On reopening the file in question, there will be three or four error messages.  Simply keep clicking OK and eventually the file will open.  Save it, and then continue working.

I thought at first I was detecting situations where this problem was likely to occur, but I was wrong.  Clearly this is what programmers call a "pointer" problem, but it is not clear what precisely is getting corrupted.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

We ought to rename this thread!  
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11th, 2023, 8:00pm »
Quote | Modify

Paul,

From where are you resurrecting your self-closing file?  
Are you sure that the one that re-appears was your latest effort?

I am finding that "clicking-through" the list of errors results in H.A. auto-closing.  

I find that the file disappears from the "Open recent" list so that the file I open from there is older and has lost all the recent changes.

I have also been on false trails as to what is liable to cause the problem; my latest test is to delete the history before Save  
(Edit > Historical > Delete)

I have a theory that the latter error messages are caused because the History that remains is not relevant to the file retrieved.

(Hmm - isn't that re-writing history ?  

geton
Board Newbie

Résolu: Nouvelle installation de HA  
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12th, 2023, 4:41pm »
Quote | Modify

Problème résolu : j'ai supprimé PlayOnLinux et installé HA dans Bottles (Bouteilles) et tout semble fonctionner correctement.

Merci à tous.
G.
PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

Re: We ought to rename this thread!  
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23rd, 2023, 4:45am »
Quote | Modify

on Jan 11th, 2023, 8:00pm, Tony Deff wrote:
Paul,

From where are you resurrecting your self-closing file?  
Are you sure that the one that re-appears was your latest effort?

I am finding that "clicking-through" the list of errors results in H.A. auto-closing.  

I find that the file disappears from the "Open recent" list so that the file I open from there is older and has lost all the recent changes.

I have also been on false trails as to what is liable to cause the problem; my latest test is to delete the history before Save  
(Edit > Historical > Delete)

I have a theory that the latter error messages are caused because the History that remains is not relevant to the file retrieved.

(Hmm - isn't that re-writing history ?  

The file that shows up when I restart HA is the most recently saved version, so inevitably all changes past that save are lost.  If the file was new before the crash, it of course doesn't appear in the "recent files" list.  I just re-open it from the file selector (or often by clicking on the File Explorer entry, because I usually have a directory window open).

I'm not sure whether the extended History is the cause of the problem or not.  I'll turn it off and see.  In any case, whenever I really need to undo a bunch of changes,  I generally find there aren't enough of them saved in the history to go back to where I made the stupid mistake.

Of the options in the General Configuration window under "Undo," which do you recommend?  I just thought to increase the number of changes to 128, but I should click on "Don't save undo," right?  (Right now, "Save undo in a separate file" is selected.)  I'm also going to select "Delete undo at program exit," right?
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2023, 4:48am by PaulL » offline

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad