Icon set designer manual
September 24, 2003
This document will
explain you how to create your own icon set.
To create a new set:
- Create a new folder in "Myriad Documents/Icons" the folder name
will be the name of the set.
- For each icon you want to define, create a picture file. The
name of the file will be nnnn.pct or nnnn.bmp, nnnn being the icon number. It is
not necessary to redefine all icons. Undefined icons will be
displayed as standard icons.
- If you want to define a mask for the icon, create a picture
file under the name nnnnmask.pct or nnnnmask.bmp where nnnn is the icon number. The mask
picture is made only of gray level. Black color will be opaque and
white color transparent. All intermediate gray will be
- Create a text file named "readme.txt" including all
informations about your icon set. The content of the file will be
displayed in the "Icons" panel.
Here is the list of
the icons that will be "customizable".
- It is not necessary to quit and relaunch the program to see the
result of modified icons
- If you use Harmony, create a little MyrScript with this
and relate this script to a keyboard key (Configuration>Editi
keyboard shortcuts). So you will be able to see instantly your
changes by pressing a single key.
Below each of them, its unique identifier (nnnn), used by the program to