please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:38am 
   Myriad Forum
   OMeR / Myrweb / Melody Player & other programs
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Kooplet
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Kooplet  (Read 20246 times)
btcg
Board Newbie

Re: Kooplet  
« Reply #15 on: Aug 13th, 2012, 1:28am »
Quote | Modify

How bout the OP posts in English too when it's an important post about a program or features?  

Was looking at Kooplet today and wondered a few things:

Can you sing to it and save the score any other way but screen capture?

Can you sing to Harmony Assistant (via mic) and have the notes transcribed?

bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #16 on: Aug 13th, 2012, 12:47pm »
Quote | Modify

Actually, it is pretty difficult to convert wavesounds into a music score. Yet, for monophonic sounds (whistling, for eample) there is a script for Harmony (not Melody) Assistant. It is located at Scripts>Digital Sound>Digital to Note.
You first  import the sound track into a score, then you select the portion you want to be processed and you run the script. It will then compute the sound track and add a staff at the end of the score, with the computed notes. Of course, it is not 100% accurate, but with a little experience, you can get interesting results.
The purer the sound (that means with as few harmonics as possible) the better. Whistling is better than singing, for example.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2012, 12:49pm by bubu42 » offline

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
btcg
Board Newbie

« Reply #17 on: Aug 13th, 2012, 3:17pm »
Quote | Modify

bu bu,

Thank you! I just tried it, with "Like it or not" by Genesis (from the Abacab cd), and it worked nicely!

Last week, I purchased licenses for HA, VS, OMer, and Goldbase... and frankly, not having that feature would NOT have been a deal-killer with me: I think they did a great job on all of it, and am very happy with the products. In fact, I recommend them to friends.

It seems like Kooplet has some of that capability... or could have it. Maybe they should enhance Kooplet and make a 2nd version, a Kooplet Pro, that people could buy as a stand alone. They could still have a free Kooplet, but I'd wager there would be a big market for an enhanced version.

Many here are composers of classical music. I cut my teeth playing pop and rock in the Detroit bar scene. When I write, it's usually one of those 2 types (pop or rock). Being able to sing a few lines and play a few quick notes is ideal for pop/rock, as both the refrain/chorus and main sections usually repeat. Once you've got the patterns, it becomes about the lyrics. This not only makes writing the songs easier, it gives the writer the ability to document a song or part of a song quickly, making forgetting what you did less likely.

Thanx again!
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2012, 3:17pm by btcg » offline
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #18 on: Aug 13th, 2012, 5:53pm »
Quote | Modify

[quote author=btcg link=board=play;num=1267265226;start=15#17 date=08/13/12 at 15:17:10]
It seems like Kooplet has some of that capability... or could have it. Maybe they should enhance Kooplet and make a 2nd version, a Kooplet Pro, that people could buy as a stand alone. They could still have a free Kooplet, but I'd wager there would be a big market for an enhanced version./quote]
True, I believe they used the same sort of "engine". Yet, the purpose is not the same. In Kooplet it is intended to make a search for a score (no matter the tone or time signature used when inputting the tune). In HA, the script is meant to make the score itself.
I know that some blokes have made an attempt to digitalize some music, correct some tiny parts when the singer is out of key, change the pitch altogether, make MIDI or MusicXML out of it, etc.  
Their demos are breathtaking, but I have never actually tried it (it is really expensive, about 450 dollars) It's called Melodyne (by Celemony)

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
btcg
Board Newbie

« Reply #19 on: Aug 14th, 2012, 2:12am »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 13th, 2012, 5:53pm, bubu42 wrote:
It seems like Kooplet has some of that capability... or could have it. Maybe they should enhance Kooplet and make a 2nd version, a Kooplet Pro, that people could buy as a stand alone. They could still have a free Kooplet, but I'd wager there would be a big market for an enhanced version./quote]
True, I believe they used the same sort of "engine". Yet, the purpose is not the same. In Kooplet it is intended to make a search for a score (no matter the tone or time signature used when inputting the tune). In HA, the script is meant to make the score itself.
I know that some blokes have made an attempt to digitalize some music, correct some tiny parts when the singer is out of key, change the pitch altogether, make MIDI or MusicXML out of it, etc.  
Their demos are breathtaking, but I have never actually tried it (it is really expensive, about 450 dollars) It's called Melodyne (by Celemony)

Try this:   http://www.intelliscore.net/
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #20 on: Aug 14th, 2012, 9:32am »
Quote | Modify

Thanks a lot. I had never heard about that one. It looks pretty good. I think I'll run the trial version...

btcg
Board Newbie

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15th, 2012, 12:11am »
Quote | Modify

on Aug 14th, 2012, 9:32am, bubu42 wrote:
Thanks a lot. I had never heard about that one. It looks pretty good. I think I'll run the trial version...

I just bought full version. I write e-commerce software myself, and believe in supporting my fellow programmers. You take the time to learn this stuff (I'm fluent in 12 languages), you ought to be respected, and be paid for your work.

I'll use it and report back on my thoughts on it in a few weeks or so.
Cascaveu
Board Full Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 4th, 2012, 10:15pm »
Quote | Modify

Bonjour,

KOOPLET est un superbe outil de recherche.

Cependant, son comportement m'étonne parfois.
Si par exemple je lance une recherche avec "Io pur respiro" "Carlo Gesualdo", il trouve un certain nombre de partitions, mais pas celle que j'ai mise dans MUSL en octobre 2012.
Ce cas n'est d'ailleurs pas le seul.

Cordialement
Cascaveu
Board Full Member

« Reply #23 on: Feb 27th, 2013, 2:52am »
Quote | Modify

Suite de mon post du 4/12/2012

Bonjour

Aujourd'hui KOOPLET trouve le morceau que je cherchais vainement le 4/12/2012.
Sans doute a-t-il besoin d'un peu de temps avant de réagir ?

Cordialement
Olivier Guillion
Administrator

WWW | Email

« Reply #24 on: Feb 27th, 2013, 10:26am »
Quote | Modify

Nous avons relancé depuis les robots de mise à jour de la base de musique.  
Les morceaux que vous cherchiez ont dû être découvert par les robots depuis décembre.

Olivier Guillion
Myriad Software
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad