please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 12:45am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   swipe or scroll side to side?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: swipe or scroll side to side?  (Read 404 times)
Alden
Board Junior Member

WWW |

swipe or scroll side to side?  
« on: May 7th, 2020, 3:32am »
Quote | Modify

Hello I’m enjoying HA 9.9.2, but there is still one thing that slows down my work - I wish I could use my MacBook trackpad to swipe left and right when I have zoomed in to a score. It works for vertical, but not horizontal.  

Either I have to go down to the horizontal scroll bar and carefully drag it to go sideways, or I’ve created a keyboard shortcut to move the page sideways, but it's not as accurate as I would like.

Is there any other solution?
Thanks,
-Alden

-Alden
Tony Deff
Board Master

Email

Re: swipe or scroll side to side?  
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2020, 8:41am »
Quote | Modify

Hello Alden,

I know nothing of MacBook, and excuse me if I am stating the obvious, but with a PC the shift key is required to convert Vertical mouse scroll to Horizontal.

Have you tried the equivalent?

Incidentally, we like to recommend to all users that they specify their setup in their Profile, so that users who ask questions do not have to remember to specify each time,
and responders do not give answers that are irrrelevant to Melody Assistant or Mac.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2020, 8:52am by Tony Deff » offline

Anglophone, HA 64 Win.10.
An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #2 on: May 7th, 2020, 9:05am »
Quote | Modify

Perhaps this has nothing to do with the matter, but have you lookep up the vertical or horizontal display mode ? (Right click on an empty zone, e.g. the top right corner of a page and check or uncheck the last line of the popup menu).

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
Alden
Board Junior Member

WWW |

« Reply #3 on: May 11th, 2020, 9:49pm »
Quote | Modify

Hello, thanks for the tip of vertical pages rather than horizontal, that is helpful and I didn't know about that one!

Thanks also I didn't know about the shift key, yes it does work, but its jumpy, not smooth, and it only works sometimes. About half the time I swipe, the page doesn't move. And it's backwards from regular mac scrolling, so half the time I’m frustratedly swiping the wrong way, AND it's not moving.

But thanks for the ideas. They both help a little bit.

-Alden
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad