please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 4:47pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   How to change the distance between stafflines
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: How to change the distance between stafflines  (Read 960 times)
rbek
Board Full Member

How to change the distance between stafflines  
« on: Nov 22nd, 2018, 11:25pm »
Quote | Modify

Hi everybody,

I want to change the distance between the stafflines. But I cannot find how to do that. The notes I'm using are bigger than the distance between the stafflines.

Thanks for answering me!

64 bit Windows 10
AJOURDANE
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines   Increment1.gif
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:25am »
Quote | Modify

Hello,

Here is one solution among others
You have to move :

First, the blue arrow
Second, the red one

Like the gifs joined

Musically.

Andysan
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:28am by AJOURDANE » offline

HA + WIN 10 64 Bits + Presonus AR12USB
AJOURDANE
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines   Increment2.gif
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:26am »
Quote | Modify

Second...

To view this parameter tool in the page view, you need to do  :

Ctrl+T  

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:29am by AJOURDANE » offline

rbek
Board Full Member

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines   NieuweBalk.png
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:40am »
Quote | Modify

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Your answer refers to bars as a unit. I want to change the distance of the lines in a bar.  

I made a quick drawing of what I want to achieve.

Regards

64 bit Windows 10
AJOURDANE
Board Newbie

WWW | Email

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines   Try_this.gif
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:51am »
Quote | Modify

Ok, try this.

Maybe you have a problem with your music font ?

I search for another solution...
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2018, 12:52am by AJOURDANE » offline

PaulL
Board Master

Retired organist and choir director; former progra

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines  
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24th, 2018, 4:16pm »
Quote | Modify

The space between staff lines is settable for each staff by clicking on Staves > Display mode, selecting a staff, and then setting the Notation size parameter.  This will alter the size of all the notes on the staff, as well; however, the note size can be set individually for each note.  If you want to set all the notes on that staff to the same size, select the staff, then click on Edit > Appearance > General and adjust the Display Size parameter.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la Raison ne connaît point.
Paul Littlefield, retired Church musician

HA+VS+PdfToMusic Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
rbek
Board Full Member

Re: How to change the distance between stafflines   NotenmetNamen.jpg
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 1:00am »
Quote | Modify

Hi there,

I've tried both your suggestions. In the picture you can see the result. Maybe it is important to say why I want to do this. I want the names of the notes displayed within the notes. This makes it easier to read the right notes from the stafflines. With the script all the notes become a little bit bigger. They than cross the stafflines. This is why I want the stafflines and the notes to become bigger, before I use the script.

As you can see, with both your methods the size of the noteheads are only changed for the first staff, but not for the second...  

Is this a bug or am I doing something weird here? I want the noteheads with a right size on the stafflines, containing the notenames...

64 bit Windows 10
PaulL
Board Master

« Reply #7 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 4:11pm »
Quote | Modify

Ah!  This is something I've never encountered before.  How are you generating the note names, and how are you getting them inside the notes?  I didn't know HA could do that, lol!  There has to be a way to make it all work properly, it's just a matter of figuring it out. . . .

ANdre_B
Board Master

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 5:05pm »
Quote | Modify

Yes, Paul, the note names can be displayed within the notehead: make a selection + Edit Menu (Appearance, show note names). There are a few options, but apparently the change of font, color or size is not effective. The names remain white on black noteheads, red on white ones.  

The size of notes (of the whole staff, actually) can be changed in Staves, Display options, Notation size, and this can be forced for one staff or all (selection bottom left: apply to all staves).

Unfortunately, the size of the note name doesn't grow with the note head either, the names remain desperately small with big heads, and their location vary: sometimes at the head's center, sometimes at the bottom.  

André Baeck, de retour en Belgique après 12 ans passés dans le Gard.
Windows 11, HA 997e (et précédents)
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 5:25pm »
Quote | Modify

I've just taken a look at the script that adds the note names...  
Inside a function, I've discovered that before adding the text element (the note name) it changes the note display scale to 150, probably to have enough room for the letter. But this doesn't change the spacing of the staff lines, which explains why the note heads overlap the lines.  
It also seems to set the stem length to 15 before computing the location of the note name.
Resetting the stem length to 0 (default) doesn't seem to alter the naming but resetting the note scale means that the name is no more well-located and centered.
As for the second question (naming on several staves) it works on my system, as long as both staves are selected...

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #10 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 5:42pm »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 11th, 2018, 5:05pm, Andre_B wrote:
The names remain white on black noteheads, red on white ones.

Actually, the script tests the type of notehead and applies a standard color (white or red, according to the duration) no matter what has been chosen in the font settings). This could be changed by adding a few elements to the dialog. Quote:

Unfortunately, the size of the note name doesn't grow with the note head either, the names remain desperately small with big heads, and their location vary: sometimes at the head's center, sometimes at the bottom.

I think the size is also set to 7 by default, no matter what has been chosen by the user.

Harmony Assistant - Ubuntu + Wine et Windows XP sur machine virtuelle. VS, OMeR, PDF2M
rbek
Board Full Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 11th, 2018, 11:08pm »
Quote | Modify

Code:
As for the second question (naming on several staves) it works on my system, as long as both staves are selected...

Yes, It works for me too. But it does increase the headsize.

But how to proceed now? This seems to be scriptrelated, rather than a HA bug. I've read the developer manual and opened the script too. Some parts (I'm not sure if I've done this correctly) appear not to feature any code.  

If I understand correctly, you must know Lua as the programming language. In that case, I cannot solve it.

64 bit Windows 10
PaulL
Board Master

« Reply #12 on: Dec 12th, 2018, 12:41am »
Quote | Modify

It should be easy to alter the script at the point where the note size gets changed, to alter the staff size as well.  It would be more complicated to offer a choice of text sizes or colors, however.

bubu42
Board Master

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12th, 2018, 9:10am »
Quote | Modify

on Dec 11th, 2018, 11:08pm, rbek wrote:

But how to proceed now? This seems to be scriptrelated, rather than a HA bug. I've read the developer manual and opened the script too. Some parts (I'm not sure if I've done this correctly) appear not to feature any code.  

If I understand correctly, you must know Lua as the programming language. In that case, I cannot solve it.

In edit mode, most (if not all) of the code appears when you click on the "apply" button. I've tried two things so far :
1- reset the stem height to 0 at the end of the computing section. It seems to work.
2- reset the head scale as well, and it works but the text isn't correctly located.
Now, the script is very neat with many remarks (it's a Myriad product ! ) but I need some more investigation to understand how the computing is done and perhaps avoid having to increase the head scale. However, there must be a good reason for this change in scale (probably to get enough room for the letters). I'll let you know about my findings, trials and errors.

rbek
Board Full Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13th, 2018, 3:22pm »
Quote | Modify

Ok, Bubu,

If you need any information or dedicated help, don't hesitate to ask for this.

Thanks!

64 bit Windows 10
Pages: 1 2  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad