please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 6:10am 
   Myriad Forum
   Melody Assistant / Harmony Assistant
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Multilingual song writing request.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Multilingual song writing request.  (Read 1440 times)
aloni
Board Newbie

Multilingual song writing request.  
« on: Jul 21st, 2002, 2:00am »
Quote | Modify

This is a slightly unusual experiment, but I hope many  
of you will take up the challenge.

I have written a song that requires contributions from as many languages as possible.
The story line briefly is one of a sardine who wants to fulfill his life long ambition and join the famous  people who are fishing of the boat above him. The sardine then takes the only option available to him and hook himself onto one of their baits.  Once he has been reeled onto the boat, his challenge is to convince the great men (or women) not to throw him back to the sea, or keep him as part of the menu, but to let him stay and enjoy their greatness.
On the boat we can have any meaningful representative of your country (dead or alive) of historical, artistic, sporting, philosophical, religious etc.’ nature.
Your challenge is to write in your own language (French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Japanese, English, I mean any!!!) the sardines lines, talking to your country’s representative, telling him why he should keep you on the boat. Don’t worry, it’s only about four lines long (one chorus). I will be singing those lines so it should be fun.
If you are interested, please e-mail me on kyloni@starwon.com.au   and I will provide you with a Melody Assistance file containing melody line for your lyrics, together with simple accompaniment.
A c.d. recording of the final product will be posted to the contributors of the chosen lines.
Thanks, Alon.

PS. Ernest Hemingway  is already on the boat.
johmus
Beta-tester
Board Newbie

Email

Re: Multilingual song writing request.  
« Reply #1 on: Jul 23rd, 2002, 12:43am »
Quote | Modify

Hey, count me in, it sounds interesting. You can send me the file to << johmus@cox.net >>.

sine musica, nulla vita
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad