please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:18pm 
   Myriad Forum
   Open Source
(Moderator: Forum Administrator)
   Generate Main Index Template?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print
   Author  Topic: Generate Main Index Template?  (Read 3339 times)
gpzmike
Board Newbie

Generate Main Index Template?  
« on: Mar 14th, 2010, 5:30am »
Quote | Modify

I'd like to modify the 'Generate Main Index' template for my website. Is there a way to do this that's separate from the normal 'Generate Gallerie' Index page template?

Cheers!
Michael
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

Re: Generate Main Index Template?  
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14th, 2010, 1:25pm »
Quote | Modify

Simply make a copy of the folder of the template that you want to modify, keep it inside the Galerie Templates folder and give it a different name. The new template will be added to the list automatically.

Ronald.
gpzmike
Board Newbie

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 9:21pm »
Quote | Modify

Thanks for the help, Ronald...

Unforntunately, I don't think I was clear, or perhaps I'm not reading your reply well enough

I have a custom template folder that I have already created. Inside that folder is the template for the creation of the index page that's full of thumbnails, and the template that is used to create the individual pages that show the large image.

I want to modify the template that is used for the creation of the 'master index'...the one that indexes the indexes so to speak.

For instance, I've got 3 folders, Air, Water, Mountains: each has a full gallery in it. Now I create a 'Main Index' that allows access to each of those sub-indexes...but that Main Index is based on some template that I cannot seem to find/modify. That's the Index I am referring to.

Cheers! Michael
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2010, 9:59pm »
Quote | Modify

I am sorry, apparently I still do not understand.

You have three galleries and you want to create a main index page from where you can go to each of the three galleries? That is what is called in the manual "Single main index page". The template that will be used for the main index page is the template that is selected, just like when you generate the galleries. The index page will be based on the file "index template.html" (or "index template horizontal frame.html" or "index template vertical frame.html", depending on the template and your settings).

What makes you think that the generated index page is based on a different and unknown template?

Ronald.
gpzmike
Board Newbie

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2010, 4:18am »
Quote | Modify

You got me, Ronald.    

I was hoping that it was based on another 'hidden' or undiscovered template that I could modify to hold my logo and bio and whatnot without resorting to pasting those items into the main index page each time I regenerate it.

I suppose if I REALLY knew my stuff I could go in and javascript something but I don't know squat about that language...so I'll cut and paste my way to nirvana, instead!

Thanks for the help, Ronald!!

Michael
Ronald P. Regensburg
Board Master

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 17th, 2010, 10:37am »
Quote | Modify

on Mar 17th, 2010, 4:18am, gpzmike wrote:
I was hoping that it was based on another 'hidden' or undiscovered template that I could modify to hold my logo and bio and whatnot without resorting to pasting those items into the main index page each time I regenerate it.

I still do not understand your problem. As I wrote in my first answer here, you can edit a copy of a template that you can modify to hold your logo and bio and use that custom template to generate your main index. No need to paste those items into the main index page each time you regenerate it.

Ronald.
Pages: 1  Reply | Notify of replies | Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

« Myriad Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.1!
YaBB © 2000-2002,
Xnull. All Rights Reserved.

Top of page
Legal information Cookies Last update:  (c) Myriad